In principle, a credit is recorded via the automatic posting as the invoice, i.e. in the same transaction.
- A supplier credit is posted in “Expenses” (e.g. “Other operating cost” transaction)
- A customer credit with the transaction “Revenue”
- A social insurance credit or a source tax authority with the transaction “Social insurance”
- A VAT credit with the transaction “Value added tax, VAT”
- and for direct tax credits “Direct taxes”
In all cases, the payment type “already paid” is used.
The amount is recorded as a minus amount.
Upon receipt of payment via the bank reconciliation, the credit note is present and can be posted. However, it can also be found under “Accounting - partner reconciliation” and can be offset against an invoice here. In this case, click on the invoice, record it and drag it to the credit note. If the amount is not identical, the remaining amount stays open.