At the moment foreign addresses cannot be considered in either the registration process or the ePost Scanning Service, nor when ordering the original documents. However, this could change in the medium to long term.
Articles in this section
- Does the ePost Scanning Service offer a "preview" where only the envelope is scanned beforehand, so that the customer can then decide whether the letter is to be opened?
- I (sometimes) live abroad and so have a foreign address at which I would like to run this service or receive mail.
- Can I keep my postbox address?
- Can I give a contact a dedicated address (different from my home address) to which they can send mail so that only this mail is scanned?
- Will all content be scanned?
- Do I still need my letterbox if I have the Scanning Service?
- What will happen with mail containing physical items?
- How can I terminate the ePost Scanning Service? If I terminate, what will happen with my documents or orders for original documents?
- How will I be charged for the ePost Scanning Service?